A very special thank you to Walt Disney World & Disney Parks for hosting our family during #WorldPrincessWeek. All opinions shared are my own. #hostedbydisney
We had the incredible opportunity of kicking off World Princess Week with time spent in several of Walt Disney World’s parks and a stay at Animal Kingdom Lodge Resort. World Princess Week is a week-long celebration spanning across the globe celebrating all of the brave & beloved Disney Princesses. This week highlights qualities of courage & kindness expressed by each unique Disney Princess and the inspiration they give their fans all across the world.
Part of the Ultimate Princess Celebration, #WorldPrincessWeek runs from August 21- 27. Take a look below at just a few of the options across Disney Parks we had the honor of trying as well as other options lasting all week long!
Let me know in the comments below, which Disney Princess is your favorite or inspires you?
After a day of flying, we were excited to be in Kissimmee, FL and found our resort. Once we were all checked into our room at Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge, we headed off to Epcot! If you stay at Animal Kingdom Lodge, you will find so many beautiful savannah views, animal sightings, a fun family friendly pool and amazing restaurants. We rode one of our favorites, Frozen Ever After and had a beautiful Frozen themed meal at Akershus Banquet Hall. Though not opened back up just yet, Disney used this space to host the media event creators and kicked off World Princess Week. It was such a magical moment. We even got to spend time with Olaf & Kristoff!
Some Royal meetings throughout World Showcase you can take part in this week:
- Meet Anna and Elsa at Royal Sommerhus in Norway
- Mulan at the China Gardens
- Princess Aurora and Belle at the France Promenade
- Princess Jasmine in Morocco
- Snow White at the Germany Wishing Well.
Please check with a Cast Member at the park for exact times available. Each Princess will vary on time and are mostly available during the morning to mid afternoon.
Princess-themed food & beverage offerings throughout Epcot:
For a better chance of grabbing one of these tasty treats before they sell out, head there earlier in the day.
- Anna and Elsa cookie at Kringla Bakeri Og Kafe (Norway)
- Anna and Elsa cupcake at Sunshine Seasons (The Land)
- Jasmine cookie at Oasis Sweets & Sips (Morocco)
- Tiana Banana Pudding at Regal Eagle Smokehouse: Craft Drafts & Barbeque (The American Adventure).
Disney PhotoPass Magic Shot Locations:
Using the Memory Maker service, you can download all your Disney PhotoPass photos and videos. I highly recommend this service as you can get unique shots of your whole crew together.
Check out these Magic Shot locations at EPCOT in celebration of World Princess Week:
- Over at World Showcase, celebrate your inner princess and inner warrior with a Magic Shot in China featuring the powerful and indestructible Mushu!
- Show yourself in Norway with a Frozen-themed snowflake Magic Shot. You can also get a themed image on the Frozen Ever After ride.
- Channel your inner Belle as you pose with Chip in your hand on the International Gateway Bridge in World Showcase.
On day two, we were up super early for an amazing core memory, walking Mainstreet, U.S.A. just after sunrise and before the park opened! Having the entrance, Mainstreet and Cinderella’s Castle all to ourselves that morning is a moment I will never forget. Both kids loved seeing the castle up close and Mainstreet details. Once we were done taking some fun photos, we headed over to Tomorrowland Terrace for a beautiful breakfast with castle views and amazing food from Cinderella’s Royal Table. From Mickey waffles, fresh fruit to tasty pastries, we headed into the park with our hearts & bellies full! Riding Seven Dwarfs Mine Train, Mad Tea Party Tea Cups and Prince Charming’s Regal Carrousel was next!
After some riding and exploring it was time for a refreshing treat! We stopped by Storybook Treats and used our convenient Disney Gift Card for a Snow White Cone and The Dwarf Specialty Cones. These were our favorite treat of the day for sure! If you love Dole Whip, you have got to try the Snow White Cone!
Magic Kingdom Princess-themed food & beverage offerings for the week:
Snow White Cone at The Friar’s Nook (Storybook Treats)
Disney PhotoPass Magic Shot Locations perfect for World Princess Week-
Check out these Magic Shot locations at Magic Kingdom Park in celebration of World Princess Week:
- In Fantasyland, visit the Royal Portrait Studio at Sir Mickey’s (behind Cinderella Castle) to capture a perfect princess photo! You can also pose for different princess-themed Magic Shots, hold themed props, and more. Themed Magic Shots and props are available to celebrate fans of classic Disney princess films such as Moana, Princess and the Frog, The Little Mermaid, Beauty and the Beast, Frozen, and Tangled.
- Some of the most popular princess-themed photos are taken after the sun goes down! Visit the area near Rapunzel’s Tower in Fantasyland to capture a glimmering photo with a tangled lantern glow prop, so you can “see the light.” For Cinderella fans, visit the Fantasyland wall behind the carousel to snap a photo holding her classic glass slipper on a velvet pillow.
- At the entrance to Adventureland, you can pose with the adorable Pua from Moana in a special Magic Shot.
One activity that is a must is heading to Mainstreet and watching the Festival of Fantasy Parade. You’re sure to spot and wave at some of your most beloved princesses & characters.
Next, we were off to Princess Fairytale Hall to meet with Elana of Avalor and Cinderella. Just as you can imagine, both were so kind & sweet with the kids. Another moment we will never forget. Be sure to watch my REEL’s on Instagram to see the meeting in action.
In the evening, we had a lovely Dessert Party back at Tomorrowland Terrace in preparation for the nighttime fireworks spectacular that empowers you to believe in yourself and in magic.#youarethemagic It is a must watch and a perfect ending to a beautifully full day in Magic Kingdom.
Animal Kingdom Park
The next day was Animal Kingdom Park! We looked into the savannah to try and spot any animals as we headed out and had an amazing breakfast at Boma: Flavors of Africa Buffet. Into the park, we grabbed a Princess Ariel bubble wand to get the day going with happy princess bubbles. Some of our favorite stops this day were Kilimanjaro Safaris, TriceraTop Spin and a refreshing drink & snack break at Creature Comforts. Pocahontas Colors of the Wind Mousse Cupcake is so beautiful! Be sure to keep an eye out for Pocahontas herself and other characters all around the park and on boats down the river!
Princess-themed food & beverage offerings as well as Magic Shot opportunities at Animal Kingdom:
- Pocahontas Colors of the Wind Mousse Cupcake at Creature Comforts on Discovery Island (Starbucks location)
- Disney PhotoPass Magic Shot Location: See how far you’ll go with a Magic Shot near the Tree of Life on Discovery Island themed to Moana, featuring Hei Hei.
Other fun offerings for the week you may want to check out while visiting:
- Movies under the stars: Select resorts will have princess movie screenings all week long.
- Disney Springs Princess themed DJ Dance Party on August 21 & August 27
- American Adventure pavilion in EPCOT for a Tiana and Naveen-inspired paper crown giveaway
Thank you for stopping by! If you head into the remainder of #WorldPrincessWeek, let me know below your favorite Princess moment below. Be sure to follow along on our @charlieandcrewmama @charlieandcrewdad @charlieandcreweats pages for some fun additional content from our trip as well as @waltdisneyworld and @disneyparks!