This recipe is a great addition to your taco dinner night. Easy to make, they are naturally vegan, filling and so delicious. Pair with your favorite chips and tomato salsa.
- 16 oz refried beans - look for vegetarian black or pinto beans to avoid animal lard ingredients
- 1 pound sweet potatoes - diced into ¼ to ½ inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon organic olive oil
- 2 teaspoons taco seasoning
- Sea salt & pepper to taste
- 12 small soft shell tortillas - corn or flour
- 1 avocado - peeled, pitted and diced into chunks or slices
- 1 small white onion - diced into ¼ inch pieces
- 2 limes - cut in half - reserved for topping finished tacos
- Freshly chopped cilantro
- Plant-based sour cream
Heat the oven to 425F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. In a mixing bowl, toss the diced sweet potatoes with the organic olive oil, taco seasoning and a pinch of salt and black pepper until combined. In an even layer, spread the coated sweet potatoes out on the prepared baking sheet. Bake for 25-35 minutes — flipping once halfway through, until the potatoes are tender, cooked through and starting to brown.
While the potatoes are roasting, fill the center of each tortilla with a layer of refried beans. Once potatoes are fully cooked, on each tortilla, add a layer of potatoes on top of the refried beans. Top each taco with a sprinkle of diced onion and avocado. If you choose, garnish them with cilantro, plant-based sour cream and serve with a lime wedge. Enjoy!